Happy Memorial Day! Before I start rambling on and on about my love of all things baby :) I wanted to give a big THANKS to all of the hard-working men and women who put their lives on the line so that we can live ours the way we want. What would we do without these outstanding people? This became especially true this last week for our four-state area. After Joplin was hit with the tornado, men and women from the National Guard flew into action, as did others in the medical field. What a horrible week it was to watch the news and hear the death toll rise, but it was heartwarming to see thousands of people helping those with nothing but the shirts on their back. I feel extremely lucky and proud to live in America!
Now, back to baby stuff...
Babies always cheer me up! Daughter #2 is like my own bottle of Prozac. :) Here are my personal top five things I love most about babies!!!
5. They think you are beautiful, even with no make-up and dried chunks of banana in your hair.
4. A baby's huge smile! This is the only age where toothless is sooo sweet!
3. A simple game of Pat-a-Cake will entertain them forever! Well, maybe just a few minutes, but it's still easy!
2. Their soft skin smells wonderful, even without the baby lotion.
1. You can't help but love them unconditionally. Even after a bad day, you can look into your baby's eyes and everything is instantly better. Oh yeah, and according to my husband, you can always blame your flatulence on them as well. :)
Sweet baby dreams,