Monday, May 9, 2011

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to this crazy circus of my life squeezed onto the pages of a BLOG.  My life as a stay-at-home mom, trying to write/edit/create my first novel during the few minutes of nap time.  Sure, some days I may feel like I'm in the middle of a circus, juggling five things at once.  But most days I am content and happy to be raising my lovely daughters at home.
Happy late Mother's Day to all you lucky women out there.  I felt it would be fitting to launch my blog around this holiday.  I've been celebrating this holiday for three years now and each year I anxiously await a day filled with relaxation.  Daddy Baker brings me breakfast in bed.  Daughter #1 rubs my sore feet while Daughter #2 brushes my birds-nest hair.  What a vision that would be!
A normal Mother's Day is anything but relaxing.  Dishes will be done, floors will be swept, and of course, children will be children.  Instead of foot rubs, I get the usual splattering of pureed carrots across the cheek and don't forget about the dried spit-up on my shoulder. 
Whether it be relaxing or not, my girls will light up Mother's Day, as they do every single day of my life.  They are the honey that holds this family together.  Kinda sticky, but always sweet.  I love you all dearly.  Yes, even you Daddy!  You can bring me breakfast in bed tomorrow.
I hope you've enjoyed my first blog post.  Expect more gems of knowledge on Mommyhood and even some sneak peeks from my series, The Gifted Girls.        xoxo Meg

3 comments:

  1. Good work, Megan. Can't wait to blog with you and to see the Gifted Girls series in print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love. The information about the girls is intriguing! Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Can't wait to hear more! ~Anna

    ReplyDelete