Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Happy 2012!!!

Happy 2012 and where the heck did 2011 go???  Years are starting to fly by, which is sad for me as a mother and a writer.  I need more TIME!  So after my longgggg break from blogging/writing, I am back on the ol' horse again and it feels pretty good.  It's weird how writing relieves so much stress for me, I would rather sit and write for an hour instead of working out and it gives me the same kind of runner's HIGH. Only without the great abs. :)  That's okay, my husband is more of an ass man anyways. Hahaha, so enough with the jokes and on to my dreaded resolution for the new year.  My past resolutions are as follows: Be a better mommy, be the best mommy, etc.  I have come to terms with the mommy situation, and poor Daughter #2 is going to have to deal with what she's got, because my resolution this year is to write and read more!!  Of course writing is a given, but I have discovered that I need to read more books outside of my comfort area.  Maybe not too much science fiction though...  After working at the library for six months, I have helped many young adults and children find awesome books to read, but what about the older patrons of mine?  I'm afraid they get the short end of the stick.  I am not a fan club member of Fern Michaels and I tried twice to read Beverly Lewis, and as for David Baldacci, can't say I am turned on by him either.  My own story in the works is now a Young Adult, so I cannot help but gravitate towards younger crowds.  Nobody is perfect and surely I'm not the only one who doesn't go gaga for James Patterson???  I guess I have homework and room to grow. :) So I am psyched for a new year and a list of new books on my horizon!!  Cheers to everyone!!  xoxo Meg

1 comment:

  1. Hugs and good luck on your new years resolutions! I've been reading a bunch of YA/college age romance stories lately and have been really getting into them.

    I've reduced my mommy resolution to being "good enough" that my daughter is healthy, happy, and still loves me! I hope that'll do.

    ReplyDelete